Monday, December 8, 2008

Eradicate

Eradicate: destroy completely 

The slow internet is pissing me off. But the only thing that keeps me from hitting it is the fact that one of the reasons why the internet might be slow is because of the tv shows that I'm downloading. But again, it's pissing me off. 

I woke up, thinking that I was late. Because I was suppose to wake up at 9 or something, since it's raya and all. But I can't resist the temptation to continue my sleep. And I got interrupted every 30 minutes from someone slamming my mom's door or the footsteps outside my room, thinking that it was my mom or maid to wake me up. So, I finally gave up at 11.30, and took my bath. And when I went in Aishah's room, I was expecting her on her MacBook, Zayd reading Archie and Tasnim doing whatever she usually does. But, when I came in, Aishah and Zayd was still sleeping. And Tasnim annoyed them, asking them to wake up. 
"INA!!! KEJUT BUDAK-BUDAK TU!!!" mom screamed from the kitchen downstairs. I asked Tasnim to take my guitar and I started strumming the chord C on it. I improvised a chord progession and formed C, E, Am, F. Then I started singing stupid stuff. But what surprised me is that the melody is quite catchy. MySpace-worthy even. The 'chorus' went something like "wake up, wake up, on a monday morning, it may be tiring, and the rain is pouring". Well, maybe the first 8 words sounded a lot like Hilary Duff's Wake Up, but hey. Whatever. :) Maybe I should try writing songs right after I wake up, somehow the creative juice was flowing non-stop. And I read somewhere, that if you want to improve on your songwriting skills, try and write something, as least as a verse, every morning you wake up, and every night before you go to bed. Well, I'll try that if I have time.

Then, we went down and had lunch. Nasi Beryani. YUM! It almost felt like raya. Only with the takbir-night-at-grandmom's and fasting month missing. 

So, we (Me, Ais, Zayd, Tasnim) hung out in the AV room the whole day today. Mice, Muhammad, Aunty Mawin, Uncle Yat (and his two nephew) and Uncle Amir came first, with the extra 2 Wii remotes so that we can play full band for Guitar Hero. Then, we stopped playing, because mom complained that we were making too much noise. But Mice managed to play a song, I think. 
After Mice ate, she got on the Wii Fit. Haha. Go figure! Sorry Mice, but you just can't beat my high score. :p Then, other people started to try stuff. Aunty Mawin and Uncle Amir tried on the Wii Ski thing. Aunty Mawin rocked but Uncle Amir sucked. :)
Then, Aunty Azlina's family arrived. We played baseball and bowling. We got tired of Wii Sports and we played Guitar Hero. Ashraf was whining and whining that he had to sing. This is a hilarious convo.


aisaunty azlinameaunty masashraf
How come Ashraf is singing?
Because he sucks more at the other instruments.
Haha. Wow. That bad ah. 
He tried with guitar. But we realized he was better at singing. So we switched him back to singing. And tu singing pun he had to take all of our 'Star Power' so that we all tak kalah because of his singing.
Haha. Never mind, aunty tak paham.
Wei Ashraf! Stop singing lah! Baru stop hujan. Janganlah bagi dia hujan lagi lebat.
AUNTY! Ye lah, ye lah, I suck, I'm sorry.

Hahaha. But after that, he got better at guitar. And drums too. :D Go Ashraf. Seriously, we played Guitar Hero the whole afternoon. I'll be happy if I won't see any fretboards with moving colorful 'buttons' on it. 
Then, at night, we went to my grandmom's house. Yaasin and prayers first. Then dinner. Tok Ha's Nasi Goreng was da bomb. Seriously, sedap gila.
Then, we (papa, mama, me, ais, zayd, tasnim) reminisced our memories when we lived in Cambridge and I remembered one thing. I used to go to this Milton Road Middle School. And in my class they had 4 tables, 2 tables facing another 2 tables. And I used to sit with my that-time-best-friend Chloe, and this twins, Sebastian and Sam. I used to have this crush on Sebastian. Or was it Sam, I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure it was Sebastian. So that explains my weird and biased affection towards "caucasian" guys. My first crush was a caucasian. I wonder how he looks like now. :)
I used to fight with Chloe all the time. About whose jacket is warmer, whose handwriting is neater. Oh well. :) Good old times. And there was this classmate of mine, Charlie Brown. After a month of school at Milton Road, only I realized he was actually my neighbor. So, since then onwards, we became good friends. He'd come to my house to play with our swing and slide in the garden. And I'd come to his house for tea. Oh God, I love Cambridge! 
The first time I experienced real snow was when I was in Cambridge. It was lunch and I was playing at the park with a bunch of my friends, then some of the kids started yelling "SNOW! SNOW! SNOW!" and I was so excited that I sticked my tongue out to taste whether it was real snow or fake. And I'd giggle with my friends when it melted in my mouth. Oh gosh, I miss Cambridge!
And I used to tease Aishah with this James Butterworth guy. She liked her. Or he liked her. Or something like that. (Now you have the permission to go tease Aishah. hehe)

Oh well, Chuck finished downloading. WOOHOO! :) Goodbye and goodnight!

SEBASTIAN :)

No comments: