Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Accomplishment.

Today was such a long day. And I'm sensing today's post is going to be reasonably long.

I started the day early again today. But today, unlike yesterday, I had no help waking up from Danial. He wanted to sleep in. :)
So, my mom woke me up at 9.30 am. Trying not to rush, I lounged in bed and read Twilight until 10.30. Then I realized that I was late for Piano. Gosh, Twilight is just so captivating, even reading it for the third time.

Piano was at 11 am. My usual class used to be only 45 minutes, but now I had to extend the time to an hour, since I'm playing Grade 8 pieces now. Mozart is awesome. I think I have about 6 more pages to go until I finish Sonata in A. I can play the first 4 pages of the sonata and the Turkish March (the last 4 pages of the sonata) fluently. I just need to improve on my expression. I'm planning on finishing the whole sonata before my trip to Lombok. :) Wish me luck!

Came home, and saw Mice on the Wii Fit platform. Doing her usual balance-step thing. She got me hooked to the balance-step thing. And on my first attempt for the advance level of balance step, I managed to get first on the high score list and beat Mice's high score. Mice was so pissed. Hahahaahhaa.. 
I had to wake Aishah up after that. Thank god it wasn't as hard as imagined. 

Then, at 2.30, Mrs. Suma fetched Mice, Aishah and me for Sari fitting. :) She brought us to this house where the tailor lives. My sari blouse will be having a 3/4 sleeves. I didn't want it to look so weird with a full sleeve. *I dunno why my english is so crappy today*
Mice and Ais cracked up laughing when she measured my chest. -,- Gosh
Then, we took a detour around Brickfields and she showed us Lasalle Boys School (the school she's invigilating for SPM) and the school where she's teaching, which is SMK Vivekanenda. Or something like that, I can't remember the spelling. 

We (me and ais) were planning on baking cupcakes tomorrow. So, we had to go and buy the ingredients. We were so bored that we decided to make brownies and cook chicken chop and hash brown for dinner. Yeah. From cupcakes to all that. 
So we got home, rushed out of the car and I went to the kitchen to find baking soda, flour, sugar, and all that stuff. Mice went online to get the recipe for brownies. And Aishah went and played Sims 2 on the PS2. -,- Then, we all headed to Cold Storage in 1 Utama. I prefer Giant but that's the closest place for grocery shopping. The Cold Storage trip was fun. We didn't know where half of the stuff on the list were. And we ended up circling the Cold Storage more than once. 
And we asked this guy who works at Cold storage where the Cocoa powder was, and he directed us to the Coffee section. Seriously, lousy dude. 
Then, went to the baking store in DU to get the rest of the stuffs that we couldn't find in Cold Storage. The lady was nice enough to give 30 cents discount. haha

Got back, and started unpacking all the stuffs. MIce started with the brownies. Most of the time, she was complaining about the tapis. Ais and I layan at first, but then it got annoying. :p While Mice did her precious brownies, Ais and I peeled the potatoes. It was so much fun having the 'more efficient' peeler. Hehe. 
After that, the whole cooking process went in such a blur. Mice's cookies were burnt. The potatoes were then boiled. I had the honor of mashing the potatoes first. And it was so soft. I just LOVE potatoes! Mice was the genius who added the milk, butter & pepper with the potatoes. While Mice and I were busy with the potatoes, Aishah was cleaning the chicken meat. It was hilarious! You should have been there! She kept complaining on how stinky the chicken is. And how disgusting it's fats and skin were.
After that, we got started on the Chicken Chop. 
Dad got home (which was a surprise. He rarely gets home at 6 in the evening) when we were peeling the potatoes. He looked surprised to see us cooking. 

then... DINNER! They ate our Chicken Chop and mash potatoes. Mom was impressed with the mash potatoes. The boys (Zayd and Muhammad) said that the chicken tasted like KFC's. And so, we were so proud!

Honestly, this cooking this is one of the best thing I had during the holidays. I kept complaining that I didn't know how to cook. Well, what's the use of complaining when you can't do anything about it. So, I decided to try cooking. And it worked. I swear I could feel tears in my eyes when I ate the mash potatoes that I peeled, boiled and mashed. Satisfaction, guaranteed. I was so proud of myself, that I decided to get other recipes from Aunty Mawin, Mice's mom, who came later to pick her up, but ended up having dinner here. She was quite please with the chicken and asked what we did to it. HEHEHHE. 
My lyric book has turned into a recipe book. :D

Tomorrow, I am going to bake cupcakes with Aishah. Also, trying out chicken pie, Spaghetti Agleo oleo, spaghetti carbonara and four mac & cheese tomorrow. :) 
Therefore, early morning with Mom, Ais and grocery store. Since Mom is having her personal trainer coming at 11, we have to go to the grocery store earlier. and it's a good idea to bring Mom to the grocery store. At least she knows what chicken and gravy or pasta or whatever to buy. 

And I'm so freaking tired. And it's only almost 11. Normally, I don't feel tired. Even at 4 in the morning. I'm back on my sleeping track!! YAY. :)

Mood: accomplished.
Currently hooked to this flip-side puzzle thing. 

So..

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

No comments: