Monday, September 22, 2008

Impact

impact
noun
-The action of one object coming forcibly into contact with another.
-The effect or influence of one person, thing, or action, on another.

"Maybe because he has TOO big of an impact in your life"
-Yana

That was Yana's respond when I told her my problem of not being able to write nay new songs then. I also did mention that my glorious songwriting days were when I had feelings for him. Hence, Yana's response.

Impact. Ask yourself. What or who has a really big impact in your life? What happens when it/him/her is taken away from you. Will you survive and just continue life the way it is before their presence? Or will you mourn and consider this a life-changing tragedy.

I like living by thinking that I have made an impact on somebody. Whether by educating, loving, singing or caring for them. I would like to see the reaction of my loved ones when death comes to me. This are one of the beautiful things in life. But you can't witness it, human, once you're gone.

As for me, I remember that this guy I really liked months backed had a quite huge impact on me. I didn't notice this until Yana pointed it out. This object of affection managed to make me cry, happy, angry, disappointed, jealous, hopeful et cetera. From my opinion, when someone or something is able to provoke any emotions, they might as well be your object of 'impaction'. (I'm not sure whether you can apply the usage of 'impaction' here, but never mind). Because when someone is able to provoke your emotions, they are important enough to have an impact on your life.

I had just finished watching One Tree Hill, season 6, episode 3. You know, the episode when the whole Tree Hill was mourning Quentin's death. I thought that that episode was a little too morbid for my taste. Regardless, I cried a LOT! Like really lot. 
You see, Quentin has a huge impact on people's lives. It's just that people had to wait for his death to realize it.
Now, take a look around and ask yourself, who has an impact on your life?

♥ SC

p/s- I have no idea where the hell these ants are coming from but they are really pissing me off. I guess ants now have an impact on my life.

No comments: