Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Vain

Can I put up a vain photo of me please!!! PLEASE!!! Okay. I'll do it either way.


Vanity.
Admit it. Everyone is vain. Whether being too self conscious about your appearance or just by checking yourself in the mirror thinking that you look good.

"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud with being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves"
-Jane Austen

"Vanity is so secure in the heart of man that everyone wants to be admired: even I who wrote this, and you who read this"
-Blaise Pascal


Blaise Pascal, the man who discovered that pressure is distributed equally in a trapped liquid (yes, I have been studying my Physics) wrote about vanity. If him -a wise, legendary scientist- is able to write about vanity, where do we lie. Us, the normal human beings whose contribution is small compared to Pascal. 


Everyone is in vain;
♥ SC

No comments: