That quote was the opening line for Grey's Anatomy, latest episode. For some reason, it has been all hearts today. First, went to the hospital to see the cardiologist. Then, I was reading my Bio book about hearts and the blood circulation and all. Then, consulted the cardiologist which involves more heart talking. And then, this week's Grey's Anatomy episode was all about heart. Racing heart, to be exact.
Also, I'm pretty sure this is true, that when you hug someone (or apply pressure) who's undergoing hypertension or panic, his/her metabolic rate or muscle tone will decrease, hence, he or she will be more relaxed. Also, it relaxes the sympathetic nervous system and slows the heart down. In other words, hugs can calm a person down.
I knew there was a medical and scientific reason behind this. That's the beauty of God, there's always a reason behind everything, every creation, every phenomenon.
So, next time, when you see someone panicking, or undergoing stress, or just plain sad, just give them a hug.
This heart, it beats, beats for only you.
Parasqeen. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment