Monday, August 18, 2008

Now that you've gotten

What you wanted, you don't want it anymore. 

Yes, that is so like me. Once I got what I want it I'll find it hard to appreciate it. 
Anyway, that's besides the point.

Although Lee Chong Wei MIGHT have disappointed a lot of Malaysians, he didn't disappoint me. Although, yes, I'd wished that he could get gold. What Malaysian wouldn't? Does that make me disappointed? Nah, I don't think so. Because there's this another feeling that was burning inside of me just by seeing him giving his best on the court. It's pride. I felt so proud of him, of Malaysia. Even though I feel really worthless know for Malaysia, (knowing my sports abilities are below none, if that exists) but just seeing them (or in this case, him) out there in Beijing, doing their thing, to make Malaysia proud, is really a teary-eyed moment for me. And really, I did cry a little. 



Since we're on the teary-eyed subject, I'd like to talk about another thing that makes me teary-eyed or cry or whichever one you prefer. Love -or someone's affection towards a passion or another someone or something- has always, without fail,  made me cry. I may look like some tough girl who will not cry to anything. But in reality, I'm the otherwise. I am really sensitive and cry over the smallest thing. Well, there was once I heard, that musicians are sensitive 'creatures'. I guess that applies to me to.
Anyway, my point is about love right? So I'm going to get straight to it. 

I do believe in love. Heck, I dream of love. Watching love or being a part of love -well, this being obvious because I'm here because of the love my parents felt. Hence, my existence in the world. Hence, me being part of love. Everyone's a part of love actually- has been a natural thing for me. Experiencing it is another thing though, that is because: one, my love life is non-existent and second, because I think I'm too young to experience true love. 

On the other hand though, a couple that made me change my perspective on young love would be Yana and Emir. They totally changed my perspective on two young teenagers being deeply in love with one another. When they were fresh together, I thought that they were just like any ordinary couple. Flaming during their introduction of their relationship and their fire would dim as time flies, making their relationship more unbearable until they can't stand each other and would call for separation.
But just by looking at Yana and Emir finally made me understand the meaning of love, made me dream of finding my lover, made me understand and still believe in the 'over rated' phrase: I love you and made me anticipate for my moment of love. Can just by looking at a couple-in-love make someone who hasn't experienced an ounce of love before understand love? If so, love is really powerful.

I have always thought that young love would never last. Like it's just an introduction to the love life you're going to get when you're older and ready to get married. But looking at them, I feel like they can get married this instance and still survive. It is as good as Hayley and Nathan of One Tree Hill or Bella and Eward of Twilight where they are famous for their 'epic' romance. Only Yana and Emir is better. They actually exists. I feel lucky enough to be their friends.

"EMIR?!" Yana shouted from the class. Looking over the tables to the small glass at the door opposite us. Emir was there like any other day flashing his ridiculously charming smile to Yana but annoying to the rest of us. 
The desperation and the passion in her voice made me feel taken-aback. My level of focus due to the subject being thought by the teacher was forgotten for a while and a whole lot of different emotions started to fill me. Looking into Yana's eyes, I saw her love and looking at Emir's reaction made the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. Does this 'thing' that I'm looking at can make an impact to a love-prejudiced girl. It's love, so I guess I can.

I have never confessed this to anyone so this would be a first. It's just that I think their love should be shared. And I'd really like Emir and/or Yana to read this. I'd feel a little bit weird if Emir were to read this but I'd definitely want Yana to read it. I want to tell them that their love made an impact on someone. I want to tell them that both of them have the most precious thing on earth: each other. 

These words might sound exaggerating. Because that is what words do. But you won't understand me until you've seen Yana and Emir. If they don't make it, I think I'll literally have no faith in love and think it's prejudice -coming from me of course- and unfair. 

"You know, I was just thinking. That if next year, we all (Yana and us, her friends) were to be separated and like go our separate ways, I'd still have emir. Until I remember, Emir won't be in school next year. And that somehow just makes me feel sad and emo. And I don't want time to go by that fast anymore."
-Yana

Dedicated to Yana and Emir's love. 
May god bless their relationship and may it last forever.
♥SC

No comments: