Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Greetings from Sri Lanka

Ahh, without the convenience of internet access in our moving coach/bus, I've written some mental comments on Microsoft Word. In fact, it kinda work like a travel journal. 

As always, I couldn't survive a day without internet, literally. 
I could. But I just felt like blogging and write. I'm special that way. :)

Also, I have noticed that my writing automatically becomes better when I read. And this past week's good writing had came from reading Breaking Dawn, the fourth and final book in the Twilight Saga.
It is highly addictive, as I tend to not put the book down. And the story just keeps getting better since the last sentence you last read. 

Anyway, before I go, I'll be updating a bit about Sri Lanka since there's not much to update.
So, we got up this morning quite early. According to Sri Lanka's time, at least. We were still a bit 'jet lag'. Then had awesome breakfast. Nothing much there.
We made our way to Jeoffrey Bawa's house in Ululangga (or something like that). Jeoffrey is this famous architect who apparently had a nice house in Sri Lanka. (I'm still not to sure whether is he from Sri Lanka and I'm not planning on asking my architect-mom). 
This whole trip is actually kinda based on an invisible architect theme. We have THREE architects in our group. And all of them huge fans of Jeoffrey Bawa. (If you're wondering, the other two architects are my aunt and uncle. Yes, they're here too. So that means, our cousins -Alia and Liyana- are here too. Which means more havoc, technically)
The house was huge. Well, not the house but the land is. I think it was about 15 acres? The main house with all the rooms itself is small but he had a lot of unnecessary land that he turned it into a paddy field. His rice and dairy products come from his own Paddy Field and cows. 
The house had INCREDIBLE views though. And trust me with incredible as I am not easily impressed. 
We -mainly Aishah and I- took tons of pictures (they'll be up later). Each varying in backdrop, view and poses. :P

And tomorrow, we have the day to ourselves, doing whatever we please.
And now Aishah want's to use the laptop.
So that's my cue to stop blogging. 

So, bye! 
And happy holidays!
♥ SC

No comments: