Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Biology

Who knew Biology was so exhausting?!

We had our Modern Math paper in the morning and it finished at 9:15. Our Biology paper was at 1:45. And guess what we did in between those two papers. You guessed it, BIOLOGY! Trust me, I think my head is full with 'photosynthesis' and 'lactic acid' and 'palisade mesophyll'. Yeah, you get the point. 
Almost 4 hours of intense discussion about the digestion of ruminants and the different stages of photosynthesis finally got to me. Around 1, I felt the after math of 'excessive biology disorder', my proclaimed disease . I felt really tired and un-energized but Ariff treat me with MILO AIS and I had enough energy to answer the biology questions. 

Outside the hall, moments before reality came to me, Ariff shocked the whole form 4 with a false alarm. 
"Wei! What happens during inhalation?! Does our intercostal muscles expand or contract? How about our diaphragm?! OH NO! I'm going to die!" He was like some cockroach going back and forth looking for answers.
"HA?! Human respiration is coming out?! FISH!" Yana exclaimed. 
And so, there you go. We had our last-minute human respiration discussion outside of the hall. 

When we finally got our exam papers, I smirked. I wanted to laugh but Pn. Aisyah was too tensed up with the absentees of the Arts Stream students and I didn't want to get scolded for laughing. Our questions were on a sheet of paper. We had 5 questions for the whole Biology assessment.

I read the instruction hastily, curious about the questions Ms. Shirley decided to ask us. It was all essay questions. It wasn't much of a surprise, if you know Ms. Shirley. 

(Questions are altered based on my memory but the true meaning and point of the question is still there)
1. State the factors that affects the rate of photosynthesis. 
2. i. Explain anaerobic respiration in plants with the help of the Anaerobic Equation in yeast.
    ii. What's the difference between Aerobic Respiration and Anaerobic Respiration in humans?
3. a) Draw and label the cross-sectional structure of the leaf.
     b) Describe the arrangement of the layers and the significance of the arrangement to the plants. 
4. a) State the different stages of photosynthesis.
     b) Give the overall product of photosynthesis.
     c) Compare and contrast the stages of photosynthesis.
5. Choose any two of the following topics and explain it.
- Ostosomething
- Aerosomething
- Genetic Engineering
- Digestion of Ruminants

END OF PAPER

SEE! I even remember the whole questions! Well, I could answer number 1, thanks to Asnawi who insisted on revising the factors. I was reluctant to answer number 2. Respiration hadn't always been my favorite topic, especially aerobic and anaerobic. 
I love question 3 though. The leaf structure and it's layers has always been one of my strong topics. 
Photosynthesis! UGH! I hate it. I have always hated learning about plants. It makes me feel so 'healthy'? Haha.
And the last question is just plain awesome. I chose the genetic engineering and digestion of ruminants. I couldn't care less about genetic engineering. All I know is that, they breed a plant with two different parent cells or some shit. But I was really happy with my ruminant explanation. I had gone it through a couple of times with As and it was stuck in my mind. 

Well, generally saying, I was happy with the whole paper. Ms. Shirley wasn't TOO hard on us, and I was thankful. :)
Special and many thanks to Nab, As, Ariff and Azhar and the rest that I forgot to mention their names. 

I LOVE 4 SC!!

♥ SC

No comments: