Hello fellow readers of Sakina's Blog. Today, I'll be talking about iPhone. Yes, that so called 'revolutionary phone' from Apple. Later on, I'll be talking about if it's true, that this phone is really a 'revolutionary phone' from Apple.
Oh shut the hell up Sakina. You know you like it. :D
Ok, some of you guys might be wondering, what the hell am I talking about.
Well, I own an iPhone. Yes, freak out now. Now! I can't hear you scream! You're suppose to be excited because someone you know has an iPhone. lol.
It's not suppose to come out in Malaysia till somewhere next year but I got mine early.
But I had to hack and unlock it.
Well, you see, this iPhone is only for American users. Specifically, AT&T users. Americans with T-Mobile plan can't use iPhone and they have to change to AT&T.
Well, I call AT&T smart. They know many people would buy this iPhone and they made Apple sign a contract with them.
Anyway, this doesn't stop T-Mobile user, George Hotz to unlock this beautiful machine. He's this 17 year old student who just graduated high-school and finished his summer by manipulating the internal 'organs' of the iPhone. And he SUCCEEDED. He was interviewed on BCC, CNN etc. Some call him genius, others call him crazy. (Well, crazy because of Hotz took the risk of destroying the iPhone if the unlocking weren't done properly.
Other users followed his footsteps, but they made this easier by creating an unlocking software so that even not-so-tech-geek like me can use.
This benefit a lot of users from outside America to access to this iPhone like ME. Well, this benefits Apple, because they are a lot more iPhone user and yeah, Apple gets the benefit. But the question now is AT&T. I haven't heard news from them but I'm pretty sure that they are well, what's the appropriate word, umm, let's see.. PISSED.
So, I found a tutorial on youtube that allows noobs like me to unlock the iPhone. It's seriously very easy. I was quite annoyed at first because the tutorial is only for Windows platform user. I'm using Mac but than I had to use one of my PC to unlock it. And... my iPhone is on WINDOWS! I wanted it to be on Mac. But, I wanted it to be unlocked at that time so bad, I didn't care if I had to use Linux. lol.
Lol. I know. I sound like this computer/technology freak. But who cares. I managed to unlock it. and I'm able to use it on Celcom, which is local based SIM card. And I'm a happy person. I have to go now.
My sister wants to use the comp.
Out of all comps in the house. She had to pick the one I'm using. -_-"
Till next time,
Rock on.
♥
Sakina
The iPhone user,
And the cool girl
And the rock girl
-Jeesh, it won't finish if I go on and on and on-
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment