Monday, April 27, 2009

The Rescue

This made me cry, seriously. Knowing your fav band has a heart, is like.. umm.. yeah..



This was Paramore at a recent event called 'The Rescue', it's an event where some celeb comes and 'rescue' the 'invisible children'. It really is touching. 
And you know, they have something like "Orange County, California RESCUED at 9.30 pm, PST" and they move from a district to another.
Yeah, and they raise money, to help the children, you know:
"A huge crowd of 2000 has not only raised $6000 in Orange County — they’ve now been rescued by the band Paramore. They’re Rescue riding their way to Las Vegas now."
Learn more about the rescue: here.
Seriously, visit the website, it's damn inspiring. My dad recently revealed that he wants one of his children to become a social activist. I'm planning to do that, when I don't know what else to do with my life. After having 4 children and marrying the man of my life is all done. I want to speak on behalf of those who has no voice, or those who can't be heard. 
We have a good thing going on here, I want to help those who are not as unlucky as me. 
One thing I like about some bands who supports 'Love 146' or 'To Write Love On Her Arms' or like this 'The Rescue' is they are using their popularity, music and talent for good. Raising money and educate people and so on. Damn inspiring.

The whole day, I have Paramore's 15 seconds excerpt of "Take Me Back" in my head. (part of the lyrics is bolded at the bottom of the post). I somehow think that it is suitable for The Rescue theme song.

Anyway, the day started okay, the middle of it was ridiculous and the end of it was happy. So, I guess I had balance.

As made tuition fun. Haha. :D

Oh yeah, and apparently, I'm going to Bali. Going back early on Thursday, will be leaving at 3 pm. Then, skipping school for two days. I do not dare say whether that's awesome or not. :D

OH YEAH! So, Ryan showed me his song last week. It was a two guitar song thing, so I played the rhythm and he played some spansih-y solos. I kinda used his chords, and did lyrics. And we put together the solos and the melody/lyrics and  it's nice. :D
I guess now I know how Josh and Hayley work. Josh will write the guitar parts, and bring to Hayley to find melody and lyrics. :D

We could laugh again, if you take me back. 

No comments: