The flight to London was relatively fine. I got enough eat and sleep. When we arrived at Heathrow, I was fresh enough. It was 5 am, and it was still early for us to go anywhere, and since we were only allowed to check into our apartment at 2 pm, we decided to go to Bricester first, which doesn't open until 10 am.
So, we drove up to Oxford and visited the university and we were treated breakfast. Thanks, Uncle Farhan. Then, Bricester!
So, its my third day in in London. And no, I haven't started on ANY shopping yet.
Well, that is mainly a lie. I have started my shopping, if you count buying the necessary clothing for you to endure the cold weather here shopping. I basically bought one winter coat, because I haven't been to anywhere cold since I was 9 (the last time I stayed in Cambridge) and for obvious reasons, I can't get into them anymore. It was a Gerrad Daler. An elegant, sophisticated coat, that never really would have been my choice of a coat, but it looked nice. It was initially 280 pound, but it was half price. Yes, that was Bricester.
Yesterday, we had a small tour of London. Complimentary of our tour gad, my dad. He spent enough time in London (he used to live her for a few years, and his heart -yes, ironically- is still in London. He proclaimed it's his favourite city in the world. And when he was asked about KL, he kept quiet. So, I take it as a sign) to be familiar with the roads and corners of Piccadilly Circus, Oxford St. and I-cant-seem-to-remember-the-name-but-it'll-come-around. Since it was Christmas Eve, most of the shops were only open half day. And the London tour bus thingy (you know, the red double decker bus with no roof on top) were only open till 3.30 pm. So, we wouldn't want to waste money on something we can have for a full day otherwise.
So, we went to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. Rode a few roller coasters, and a few more rides. The rest of the day were spent touring around the famous London landmarks from the bus. And excitingly eyeing the huge stores that I can't wait to go and shop on Boxing Day.
At night, we had 'Chritstmas' Dinner at Satay House with Uncle Kayak and Aunty Tina. Uncle Kayak bought us this Christmas crackers from Boots. Christmas crackers are like these candy shaped paper filled with random stuffs with a party hat and a joke in it. And he got us all Christmas gifts. The winter decorated scarfs were really pretty.
Then, we got really tired, so we got back and zonked out.
Since today is christmas, everything is close. No cabs. No buses. No tubes. No stores open. So, we decided to eat and had our own Christmas breakfast here. Now, it's 10:23 am. Probably gonna spend the rest of the day in Hyde Park. It's lovely there.
I'm loving London. If we were to migrate, here would be the perfect place.
CHRISTMAS WISHES FROM LONDON.
No comments:
Post a Comment