Tuesday, August 5, 2008

New Song

I need a new song! I've been listening to songs and wonder out of curiosity how the heck the artist had the inspiration to write that song. I wonder if that ever happened to me. When any of my friends listens to my song and wonder where I got the inspiration for my songs.

Honestly, if liking Stupid again is all I need to write a new song, then I wouldn't mind liking him. Again. Although, it will take a lot of contemplation. Which, I don't want to go through. I'd rather go 'songless' for now. 

Sometimes the inspiration to write a new song just comes to you like that. I'll be doing my work and then suddenly I have this urge to test this chord progression. So, I'll pick up my guitar and try it up. I'll add tempo, beat and strumming pattern and you have an instrument background. And then suddenly, I'll be humming melodies. And if it's catchy enough, I'll be putting lyrics about anything that happened to me that day or for the past week. Sometimes, it's just as easy as that.

The other days of me being desperate, I'll sit with the guitar in my arms, trying every chord progression known to me and trying desperately to bring out any melody that would want to come out from my mouth. And don't mention the strumming pattern, it'll be so common that you thought you heard me playing that song to you last week. And lyrics, it'll be any other stupid, common line like "Why do I have to live without you, don't you know that bla bla bla,"

It seriously annoys me when I'm not inspired, especially like around this time when I need new songs! The last full song that I've written was Rosewood and that one, it hit me and bam! I was inspired. That is so unfair! Sometimes, I'll be inspired in class, but I don't have any guitar with me, or the teacher will be teaching and there's no way that I can do other shit that time. 
Damn! I wonder when my next inspiration session is going to be. I NEED A NEW SONG! But yeah, you can't force it. You can't force your inspiration and writing. It comes naturally. I mean, you can force it. But from what I've observed (observation taken from my songs), the better songs are the inspired one and not the one that you forced it out.
Eg: Rosewood, Stupid and One Happy Ending sounds way better than That Way and Thinking About You. 

So, my point is. I NEED INSPIRATION! Come on! Something inspire me! I need something else to inspire me other than Stupid. Because he is stupid.

Till then,
Inspire me,
♥SC

No comments: