Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Crush gone wrong.

I messed up.
Sakina has freaking messed up
She has messed up her freaking Math Paper 2 (yesterday) & Chemistry Paper 2 (today)

You must be kidding me. I learnt a lesson from this, though.

Math
I was patiently taking my time, doing questions really slowly as we have 2 and a half freaking hours and we only have to answer about 17 questions.
I opened my paper and I skipped all the sets, statistics and straight line questions and jumped first to standard form and factorization.
Then, I was paying too much attention on straight lines. I checked it not once, not twice, but THREE times! I thought I had more than enough time.
I even had time to go to the toilet and walk around the school.
Oh! Not only that. Might I add, I even had time to observe my fellow friends in the hall. What they were doing, what pens were they using. Yeah, I was serious shit jobless.

Then, I did my sets question. When Pn Jamilah announced that we had 5 minutes left, I realized that I haven't done a 10 mark question. I rushed through the statements and just casually wrote the answers. Time was ticking and as I flipped the pages to make sure every space is filled, THEN I realized that I have another 10 mark question to do. I was freaking out. My hands were busy pressing my calculator but my mind was elsewhere. I think I messed up that question. I wrote something wrong. But hey, at least it's better than nothing.

Moral from math paper 2: Just answer everything first in your paper, then take your time to do it properly and check it.


Chemistry
The paper was quite satisfactory. I answered every single question and I knew the answers. The essay part wasn't that bad too, I could answer and I had enough points. Or so, I THOUGHT

I finished my essay, checked through my other structured questions and leaned back, initiating that I was done. I was practically watching Ariff doing my Rubik's cube and observed people, like what I normally do.

Yes, this time, I was a bit clever, compared to my math paper. I finished doing everything and then relaxed.

Then, about 7 minutes before the paper ends, Ariff asked me which question I did for Section B and C. I was rather confused. I knew that I did Section B, but I had no idea there's a section B. I freaked out and checked my paper. I didn't notice there was another printed page.

Oh well, there you go, 20 marks gone.
I was calling out for Ms. Sugada to give me blank papers so I could write my answers. I couldn't really think. Suddenly, it all went blank. I just wrote what seemed right then, and passed that freaking paper up.

It was a 20 marks question!! Thank god to Ariff though, at least I could get 5 out of 20, it'll be okay enough.
God was I pissed at myself. I really thought I could score this paper.

Moral from Chemistry paper 2: Check every single page before answering the questions.

On the contrary, mid terms is not that bad. Not much stress. Coming to school early is fun. You get to do study group with your friends and honestly, I learn more with them than I do at home the night before.
I get to feel how SPM will be like. Minus the casualty of going into the hall with your pencil cases and sweaters. Minus our teachers giving the papers and instructions. Minus the form 5s (because they'll graduate high school by then). Oh, and also minus talking and making eye contact with anyone.
The tables are quite far apart. As far as how it was when we had our PMR. And they did it in the hall, so it seems more professional.
And I came back home early today. I only have Chemistry paper 2 today up till 10.35 am and I'm free the whole day. So why not stay at home? It's not like I can get any studying done now anyway.

I think, now, my friends are sitting for their Mandarin Advance paper. So, good luck to them.
It feels like a holiday. I usually wake up around this time anyway.

I'm off to lunch then, I'll be doing physics and additional mathematics the whole day long.

♥ S
Bye huns.

No comments: